Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The weather outside is frightful...

but no heat in Roma isn't quite delightful...

So Roma officially had their first winter snow storm in 26 years while I am here. Last Friday while in Italian class all of the sudden there were the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen falling. So by noon they had to cancelled class... that's what they get for trying to make us have Friday classes. I wasn't expecting it to be much.. you know a typical southern snow storm. Well let me tell you, Romans respond worse to snow than southerners do.. they literally had no idea what to do. EVERYTHING was closing and it took Rachel and me two hours to get home on the bus.

So needless to say we spent all weekend in the apartment because it was freezing cold and absolutely everything was frozen. However, of course we were going to manage to make it to the superbowl. Especially since they decided to cancel Monday classes for inclement weather.

We went to Abbey Theatre, one of the famous Irish pubs in Rome, to watch the game. However, we had to get there at 8pm just to be sure we could have a table. By the way, the game started at 12:30am here. But it's fine.. we ordered lots of American food. Sometimes I just can't eat the pasta anymore.. so we had nachos, chicken wings, chicken tenders and french fries over the course of the eight hours we were there. So it was beyond the longest night.. especially since the Patriots lost. Yes, I know you're all giving me a look right now for pulling for the Patriots.. so let me explain.

1. I live in the south and could care absolute less about people who care more about their contracts than the actual sport.. so I prefer college football all the way.
2. My roommates are die hard Patriots fans, I mean I would be too if I were from Massachusetts.
3. Claudia, my roommate, has stayed up till like 5 am every Sunday the Patriots have played since I have been here, that's some dedication right there.

So why not? Yeah, yeah, yeah.. I get that the Manning brothers are some of the most respectful professional athletes out there. I chose to pull for the Patriots, get over it (Jackson and Dad).

Ciaooo

No comments:

Post a Comment