Friday, February 17, 2012

First night in Ireland

Well tonight was our first night in Ireland. Julia and I left right after I got out of class. Everyone kept saying it was gonna cost use 45 euro to take a taxi to the airport but.. Not to toot my own horn or anything.. I did some research and got it for 30 WHAM BAM
HOT SLAM.

excuse that comment, it just felt necessary.

We got to the Dublin airport and we were trying to figure out how to get to the hostel because the bus we were supposed to be taking didn't seem to be working right. So we're standing there in the middle of terminal 1, probably looking completely dumbfounded, and these two guys walk up to us. "are you guys with bus2alps too?" ohhh we definitely must have had the confused look on our faces because that was absolutely crazy that they happened to be right.

So we took a taxi together with a nice ole Irish man who told us all the yummy Irish things to eat. We pull up to our hostel, which is next door to the old Jameson distillery by the way, and good heavens isn't it poppin. Apparently there's a club in the bottom of our hostel? And tonight they had some kind of valentines party where people were dressed like cows an cats? I'm not really sure.. But I won't be asking questions.

So we met our group leader and there are only 14 of us on this trip so it should be a really good weekend together. Six of us went out together because of course being in Ireland the first thing you must do is try the Guinness. And have mercy, I'll never be able to drink cheap beer ever again. So yummy. The cute little pub we went to had love music so we danced and sang along. You better believe every country song he sang I got my happy butt up and danced away in my cowboys boots.

Until tomorrow,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment