Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Verona


Juliet's Breast
The picture on the right is from Juliet's house. the legend has it that if you touch Juliet's boob with your left hand you will have good luck in love. So with my awful luck of course I had to do it. The amount of people trying to touch Juliet's boob is absolutely ridiculous.. you'd think the entire world couldn't find love. Or maybe it's that they have a false sense of the word love. Ironically, the "city of love" that has become Verona has the highest divorce rate in Italy. Seven out of ten couples end up in divorce here. It's quite possible this is because they live in a town so infatuated with the idea of fantasy that they don't understand as much as we'd love for life to be like that, we don't live in a fantasy world. Don't get me wrong, there definitely are fairytale romances out there.. but they're rare. Everything can't be perfect.



"Erin & ______"

Yeah, I knew you guys would find that funny. Also at Juliet's house is the gate of locks (i'm really not sure it's actually referred to as that.. but that's what were going to call it). So you are supposed to write your name and your lover's name on a lock and lock it on the gate and then the two of you will be "locked together forever". Well, I had the lock, a pen and I was in Verona.. I was only missing one thing, "the lover". So I just put a blank.. maybe someone will fill it out for me.. maybe I'll just have to return and fix it one day.. or maybe it's just never meant to be filled out?


No comments:

Post a Comment