Sunday, January 22, 2012

So.. after two weeks in Italy I've decided I'm going to use this blog to tell all of the ridiculous stories and encounters. So of course there's two sides to every story-Europeans LOVE Americans.. well guess what? They hate us too.


You'll get a laugh or two. 


So here starts encounter number one: Pierluigi

We went to a restaurant over in the historic district for lunch & we were all hanging out and talking and all of the sudden one of the waiters walks around the table and comes up to me and says “this is for you”. Of course I read the paper and I start blushing and become extremely confused.. so the waiter points to this guy standing by the entrance of the restaurant with his friend. Then he writes down his name, Pierluigi. By the way, Pierluigi is EXTREMELY GOOD LOOKING. So Pierluigi comes over and attempts to talk to me.. except minor problem. He speaks no English and the only thing I know how to say in Italian is thank you. So the waiter is translating for us.. Pierluigi is 22 so no big deal the waiter walks off singing the wedding bells song.. so apparently I’m marrying Pierluigi.. although we might have some communication issues.




Encounter number two: Barbados

We went out to Gildea which is a realllllly fun night club. So we're there dancing and the DJ decides he sees all the Americana girls in there so he gives a shout out to John Cabot University.. and then he gives a shout out to his Trideltas? Say what? We're just representing all over the world. While we're here some guy comes up to me and literally WONT LET GO. His name is Ray, he's from Barbados.. but he teaches English in Italy. Come to find out now he's an up and coming rapper with some big name producer in Italy so now that I've made sure he knows we are just friends and I "have a boyfriend back home".. we are friends and apparently I'm going to help him with his starter deal. Yay for being a Music Business minor!


Same Night, Part Two. 


So all of us decided we we're gonna go out in heels this night. GREAT IDEA. not. I don't know why we thought walking in stilettos on all the cobblestone was a good idea... Thank goodness for David waiting around for my slow self cause I cannot walk that fast in those shoes.. especially since I've ruined the heel (yes, sorry mom. I ruin all my heels.. you should be used to it by now). So the main point of this is once we got to Gildea I actually had to put them back on.. and the floor was slippery. So down I went laughing the entire time. COMPLETELY busted it. and now my butt hurts a little bit.. 


Now this one.. I wish I had a picture to upload for it.


However, sadly my European phone isn't quite like my iPhone and doesn't have screenshot capabilities... Walking home from the Vaticano area after my adventure with Julia.. this man, and I mean man.. like probably 40.. came up to me speaking Italian and I could understand some of it. He was asking me where the metro stop was in the area we were in.. he said he lived over near where I was and just forgot where it was. Then he finally figured out I speak English and started talking to me in very broken English, but hey, we could have a conversation. We talked about a lot of stuff and STUPID me pulled out my phone when I got a text from a friend. So this guy is like oh here let me call you and give you my number.. so I'm thinkin' okay this guy isn't that bad maybe he'll be a father type (we were helping each other with translating Italian/English). He talked about getting coffee one day. WELL, I would absolutely LOVE to be able to screen shot the ELEVEN missed calls I have from him within a 12 hour period... and I have a missed call from an unknown number, I think it's him too. All I have to say is damn, Italians are persistent. 


Oh there's loads more.. like the main who talked to me in pure Italian for 15 minutes.. even though I said "non capisco" about 500 times. Or the two police officers grabbing our friends ass. Creepy hotel managers who love Julia. Etc. Etc. Etc. 


Don't worry, there will be more to come. 



No comments:

Post a Comment