Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pope Benedict Giving the Benediction

So punny right?

After mass
This morning my whole apartment got up and decided to go to mass at the Vatican. For myself, being Protestant, it was quite an interesting experience. When I go to church I don't have to cover my knees, shoulders and wear closed toed shoes. I understand the idea of respect; however, in my opinion, God sees you every day doesn't he? Anyway, it was pretty neat to hear it all in Italian and a little bit of Latin. Surprisingly, I actually understood some of the sentences he was saying-yay for actually learning something in my Intensive Italian course!



the masses of people
Afterwards we went and waited in St. Peter's square for the Pope to give the benediction. There were so many people there! The Pope even greeted the students from the US! It was all-around a really great experience and if I'm in Rome next Sunday, I'll be going to mass again!
even more people


THE POPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment